Our vision is to inspire community partnerships that open a way for all children to learn, lead and serve to their full potential now and in the future. Each and every student is priceless! Together, we can use our resources to make a lasting impact.
"When schools flourish, all flourishes!" -Martin Luther
Bright Futures connects community resources with our Carthage students who may need food, proper clothing, eye care, beds, coats, clothes, or positive role models in their lives. The goal is to create partnerships between the school district, businesses, faith-based community, and human services agencies that will work together to respond to student needs. Our mission is to make sure every child has everything they need to be successful in school and in life because we believe better students makes a better community. We believe Carthage is the best place in the world to raise a family and get a great education.
A Back-to-School Bash will be held at the Carthage YMCA on Thursday, August 12, 2021, from 3-6:00 pm with free t-shirts to the first 250 kids, haircuts, games, giveaways, and information for parents!
Check out Carthage Bright Futures on Facebook (@brightfuturescarthage) for more ways to get involved, or contact Bright Futures by calling 417-758-0899.
The Need Is Real
Free/Reduced Lunch Rate
64% of Carthage students are on free/reduced lunch (3009 out of 4701).
Effects of poverty on children
- Children are more vulnerable and can suffer long-term consequences.
- Food Insecurity is associated with health problems that may hinder their ability to function normally and participate fully in school.
- Greater risk for dropping out of school, abuse, neglect, developmental delays, behavioral problems, poor academic achievement.
- Chronic stress can affect concentration and memory.
- Inadequate education contributes to the cycle of poverty.