CAREER PATHWAY OPPORTUNITIES TO BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
Carthage R-9 Workforce Development is committed to providing adults with employability and skills training for career pathways in business and industry. Adult students are invited to build and advance their skills and knowledge through the following course offerings:
EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS TRAINING
- Act Work Keys (Spring ’22) – Prepare for a recognized National Career Readiness Certificate in the areas of Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents
- Computer Class - Word/Excel/PowerPoint (November ’21 – Mondays 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
PREPARATION TRAINING COURSES
- Construction Basics 101 – Learn the skills needed for working on a construction crew or building your own handy man business, plus refresh your skills in applied Mathematics needed in construction. (Spring ’22)
- CNA – Certified Nurse Assistant – Earn your certificate as a CNA and step your way into a medical career in a hospital, nursing facility, doctor’s office, or home healthcare! (Spring ’22)
- Forklift Certification – Be ready for your next job as a Forklift Driver! Become certified in Forklift operation (Spring ’22)
- Phlebotomy - Students will be trained to perform a variety of blood collection methods using proper techniques and safety precautions.
For further information or to register for classes, please stop by Carthage Technical Center – North or call (417) 359-7095.