Enrolling a Student: A Simple Process
We are happy you chose the Carthage R-9 School District! Families new to the Tiger Family must follow the steps below to enroll.
1. Gather your documents
- Proof of age (birth certificate, medical records, baptismal records, passport, etc.)
- Student’s immunization records
- Proof of residency (rental contract, realty contract, utility bill, deposit receipt or other special circumstances)
- Last year’s report card or other proof of grade placement (not required for incoming kindergartners)
- Present address and phone number
- Parent or guardian’s place of employment and work phone number
- Emergency contact person (in case parents/guardians cannot be reached)
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Student’s social security number (optional)
- Communication arts and math placement test required prior to enrollment for all 7th and 8th grade students
Students new to the district may not enroll until verification of immunizations has been provided to the school. Students previously enrolled whose immunizations are due during the summer must provide proof of those immunizations prior to receiving their class schedules at the beginning of the school year or attending class.
All enrollments are now handled online. Don't have dependable internet access or need a little help? Come into the Welcome Center, 710 Lyon Street Carthage, MO 64836.